July 25, 2017
Dear Playschool Parents:
WELCOME! to Grace Play school for the first time, or WELCOME BACK!
It will be fall soon and time for classes to begin.
Your child is registered for classes. This is a reminder of the items we will need to keep your child’s space. You can bring these items with you to our Parent Orientation night or no later than the first day of class.
1) A security deposit check to cover one month’s tuition: This is not September’s tuition, but a security deposit. This deposit will be May’s payment if your child attends all year.
2) Written copy of your child’s immunizations:
If you bring this record to Parent Orientation, we will copy it and return the original to you that evening.
3) September’s Tuition:
Our staff members are planning a Parent Orientation Night on Tuesday, August 15, at 6:30 pm, and this is a great time to meet the new staff. All parents are asked to attend, including returning parents. We will begin in Ash Fellowship Hall, which is downstairs. Please make other arrangements for your children if you can, as this session is to provide parents with needed information.
There will be an OPEN HOUSE on Wednesday,August 30, and on Thursday, August 31, from 10:00 am until noon. This is a drop-in morning for children to briefly meet the staff, and get an idea about what happens at Grace Play school.
Actual classes begin the week of September 5th. Again this year we plan to have Tuesday/Thursday classes, and Monday/Wednesday/Friday classes for both 3 year old’s and 4 & 5 year old’s.
Many of you have asked if there is anything you can do to help prepare your child for our program. The following are four specific actions you can take to assist your child:
1) Have your child practice printing his/her name and drawing with a pencil. Work on holding the pencil correctly as it is very difficult to “unteach” bad habits.
Have your child practice cutting with scissors. We do a LOT of cutting in the classroom.
2) Make sure your child can take care of his/her personal needs (i.e., toilet training). Pull-Ups are not acceptable. For safety reasons, we will not be assisting children with personal hygiene unless there is an emergency situation requiring our attention.
3) Have a LARGE backpack for your child to use. He/she will be bringing home several projects and papers.
We look forward to meeting you and your child. In the meantime, please feel free to contact Nichole Andrus at 814-380-4150 or Gretchen Wert at 404-5948 with any questions or concerns. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
We welcome any input you have as to how to improve our program. More changes will be shared at the Parent Orientation Meeting. See you there!
Pastor Mark Messner and the Play school Board