Christmas Eve Services – 4:00pm, 6:00pm and 8:00pm.
A note from the Children’s Department
All children will take some time to make angels during the Sunday School hour beginning in December. The angel project will take a couple of weeks. We won’t have Sunday School on December 17th or December 24th. There will be a church Christmas brunch on the 17th. We will have only one church service the morning of the 24th, no Sunday School, then three services Christmas eve.
All children of the church receive a wooden nativity piece each Christmas. There is a total of seven pieces; Baby Jesus in the manger, May and Joseph, a shepherd, a sheep, wisemen, a camel, and a donkey. This year each child will receive a donkey. We will start again in 2018 with Baby Jesus in the manger. We have extra pieces of everything, but the camel. We will make the extra nativity pieces available to any student who is in grade six or higher so that you may complete your set.
Children should have received an Advent calendar.
Special Advent Sunday School
Come join Rev. Karen for a four week Advent study on the names of God as they relate to Advent and the coming of Jesus. We’ll meet in room #5 (Linda’s room) at 9:30 am starting on Nov. 26th.
Toys for Tots Wrapping Schedule
Penn Stater Conference Center 2nd Floor
Monday December 18th
4:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. Open session for the public if needed.
Wednesday December 20th
6:00 P.M. Clean-up and transfer of remaining toys – Open to the public. * Those attending wrapping sessions are asked to bring a food item being collected to support Centre County Food Pantries.
Let’s pay off our mortgage…
With take-out meals (TOM)
Here’s how it will work: church members can form a team to: select and advertise your menu, set the price, take the orders, purchase the supplies, prepare and package the meal on Friday or Saturday for take-out on the 4th Sunday of the month following the worship services. We need 4 teams: one team per month from January through April.
- The menu and price of each meal will be advertised in the bulletin on the first Sunday of the month. That means your team must meet prior to that to make plans. TOMs will not be advertised to the public. (Maybe someday, but until we get a process in place, we will keep it simple.)
- Meals MUST be pre-ordered. Payment will be made when the meal is picked up.
- All of the food prep will be done in the church kitchen. The team is not expected to cover the cost of food items personally nor will the congregation be asked for donations. (We want to simplify this process).
- Receipts for all meal supplies must be turned in to the church treasurer along with the money from the sale of the meal.
- Proceeds from the sale of TOM will be used to pay DOWN the mortgage.
- SO, RECRUIT YOUR COOKING TEAM, PLAN YOUR MENU AND HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!
- Contact Carolyn Foust with questions and to sign your team up for the month of your choice. 814-364-2468 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Choir Practice – Wednesday nights at 7:30 p.m. in the church sanctuary. Always looking for new members. No auditions – just come and sing to the glory of the Lord! We hope to see you there!
Pastor Mark’s bible study is on Monday nights at 6:00 pm & Tuesday mornings at 10:00 am. ALL are welcomed to join.
This Month’s Food Bank Donation
Grace UMC Building Usage
Please be advised that all building usage needs to go through the office. With the renovation of Ash Hall, there will be many different organizations and church members using that space. It’s important to keep an accurate calendar and the best way to do this is to schedule through the office. This includes usage of the class rooms upstairs. Please contact Becki in the office at 814-364-1701 for scheduling and questions.
We need Church Checkers
if interested, please call Becki in the office at (814) 364-1701.